"Shoot the moon and miss completely..."
Near the full moon, 10pm-12:30am
Muddy Moons will be a recurring one-off handbuilding class that takes place on or near the full moon of every month in the wee hours of the night, get prepared to get your witchy on. Each class will have a project designed around the moon and the spirit behind that particular full moon. The class will be 2.5 hours and can be experienced as a singular class or as a group of classes if you're into the vibe and the projects. Projects and schedule for every month are below:
- March 23: Sugar Moon: Participants (witches and fae folk) will learn pinching and coiling techniques to handbuild a mug. In consideration of the sugar moon, hot cocoa will be served (and the mug will be blessed for all sweet beverages in the future).
- April 26: Pink or seed moon: Participants will make planters. Students will get to explore adding amendments like sands, grogs, and chicken grit into the clay they use, creating extra depth and color. The planters will be fired in our gas kiln.
- May 24: Flower Moon: Participants will make bud vases from colored porcelains. Students will learn how to marble clays and facet as well.
- June 21: Strawberry moon: This moon is about transformation. Students will create an animal figurine after learning basic sculpting techniques. If you have a specific animal in mind, please bring a reference image.
- July 20: Buck moon: This moon is about regeneration and growth. Participants will learn how to work with slabs and will make a wall planter that will be fired in the gas kilnl.
- August 17th: Sturgeon Moon: This moon is about abundance. For this class, participants will use slump molds and create fruit or berry bowls by collaging repetitive shapes.
- September 20: Harvest moon: Students wil learn a variety of pinching and coiling techniques to create a textured harvest bowl for the fall bounty.
- October 18: Hunter’s moon, blood moon: Participants will sculpt knives to celebrate the time when the leaves start falling and more moonlight is visible through the trees. Feel free to come dressed as your favorite fantasy character.
- November 15: Frost moon: To acknowledge people, things, and seasons loved and lost, we will make small altars in this class. This class will be a time to tend to and take of yourself as you prepare for the transition of the seasons.